I’m an IFMGA qualified mountain guide based in Chamonix, France. I live and work in the Alps year round and when I’m not guiding guests in the mountains I spend my time pursuing my passions for climbing and skiing.
I started climbing at a young age, on a dusty 1970’s style brick climbing wall at the back of a sports hall in a small town in the Midlands. Since then climbing, mountaineering and skiing have taken me across the globe to test myself on everything from short boulder problems to Himalayan north faces. I’ve reached a high standard in my technical climbing, making ascents of E5 and F7c+ rock routes on the first attempt and climbing E8 and F8a+ after pre-practice. I’ve also made ascents of challenging ice & mixed and alpine routes in many of the worlds most interesting mountain ranges.
- The Infinite Spur (2700m, VI, 5.9, M5, AI4), Mount Foraker, Alaska
- Deprivation (1200m, ED), North Buttress of Mount Hunter, Alaska
- Alpine north faces including the Grand Jorasses, Droites, Dru, Sans Nom/Verte.
- Expeditions to Patagonia and the Himalaya.
- Technical mixed climbs such as Scotch on the Rocks (M7) and Pinocchio (M6+), Mont Blanc du Tacul.
- Ice climbs including Polar Circus (700m, WI5) and Whiteman Falls (WI6).
- Scottish winter climbs such as Unicorn (VIII) and Neanderthal (VII).