Bookings, Payment and Cancellation:
- A deposit of 50% of the fee is required to secure a booking, together with a completed and signed booking form
- The balance is due no later than 8 weeks before the first day of private guiding. We cannot guarantee your place if the balance is not received on time
- Cancellation policy: in the event of cancellation up to 8 weeks before commencement – loss of deposit; in the event of cancellation less than 8 weeks before commencement – loss of 100% of the total fee
General Terms applicable to all Courses, Expeditions and Private Guiding
- Bookings are only confirmed when your deposit is received.
- Whilst we ensure a high professional standard of instruction, care and safety, all our clients must be aware that participation in mountaineering activities involves an acceptance of objective risk and of responsibility for the consequences of one’s own actions. This is the essence of adventure pursuits such as mountaineering, climbing and ski touring. Please read the British Mountaineering Council’s participation / risk & safety statement.
- Mountaineering, climbing and ski touring, even when undertaken with instructors and guides, are adventure pursuits with high levels of uncertainty and potential risk. No specific element of an advertised service can be guaranteed with certainty in such an environment.
- Having suitable rescue and travel insurance is mandatory, such as the BMC’s Alpine and Ski policy. Insurance against cancellation, injury, death or loss of earnings is strongly recommended.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings in the event of unavoidable circumstances. If so, a trip may be cancelled and an alternative trip or full refund offered instead.
- If we are forced to cancel or curtail a course due to strike, riots, acts of war or terrorism, natural disaster or disease epidemic we will endeavor to provide an alternative holiday.
- We recommend that clients follow Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice.
- The guide will endeavour to complete the itinerary proposed but reserves the right to change this for reasons related to safety, client fitness/ability, bad weather or snow conditions, etc.
- Any clients who act in contravention of the decisions or advice of their Guide, Instructor or Leader, or else undertake independent mountaineering activities during the course period forfeit all professional protection and duty of care from the Guide, Instructor or Leader.
- Loaned or hired equipment must be returned in a reasonable condition or the repair or replacement cost will be charged.
- The information in our website is for guidance. We make every effort to ensure it is correct but cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or subsequent alterations of itineraries which are beyond our control.
- No liability can be accepted for services provided by a third party even if it is recommended by Will Harris Guiding or somebody working for Will Harris Guiding.
- Will Harris Guiding stores and uses the personal data you provide to us to enable us to run your mountaineering trip in a safe and efficient way. We will hold your data to be used to manage future trips that you book with us as well. If you would like us to delete this data after your trip has ended, or would like a copy of this data, please write to us at email@example.com, and we will provide a copy/erase your data to the extent permitted by law within 7 days. Clients data will be deleted after 10 years and will not be shared with other organisations. If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
- We aim to resolve client problems and complaints quickly. However, if a dispute arises and there is recourse to legal proceedings English law will govern any litigation.
We ask all of our clients to make us aware of existing medical conditions before they climb or ski with us. That way, we can make informed decisions about the level of activity to undertake and ensure the safety of all of our groups.
We recommend that you read the British Mountaineering Council’s participation statement before booking to be clear about the potential risks involved in mountaineering activities. You must arrange your own suitable travel and accident insurance before your trip and we recommend cancellation insurance as refunds will not be given by Will Harris Guiding other than as noted above.